What do I offer?
- · After many requests for consulting services I started a small independent IT consultancy in order to handle a small number of IT consulting opportunities, in addition to my long-term commitments, per year. I have worked with a small client list that includes Fortune 500 companies and the United States government.
- Starting in 2001 I began working on what was effectively editorial consulting, offering services that would traditionally be provided by roles such as Editorial Director, Executive Editor, or even the EiC in print and online publications. In this role I worked with building the online community for both start-up and traditional publications web efforts. Fine tuning marketing and editorial efforts in order to allow them to work together towards the same goals, enable a significant presence in social media, and provide guidance for PR and marketing efforts to enable maximum traction to be gained in their market segments most effectively. Signifcant projects have included working on relaunch and rebranding af traditional print an online media, applying my years of experience in both mediums and my understanding of how technology is reshaping the publishing and business worlds.
- · Separate from the traditional consulting role, I have had a number of on-going projects which focused on consulting with the ISV/IHV community on product development plans, providing an external viewpoint to analyze and critique internal product management and development goals and guidelines. The most recent projects have been focused on the network management software industry.
- · On a contract basis I have also provided independent evaluations of technologies under consideration by large business enterprises. These evaluations generally took the form of research and analysis papers defining business problems and evaluating available solutions to the specific problems encountered by the clients. Most recently, I have been consulting on the design, implementation, or restructuring of new and existing data centers.
- · Smaller organizational projects have generally involved acting in the role of CIO/CTO on an “as needed” basis for companies in the small-to-medium market space.
- · Worked with multiple clients to launch editorial / Internet efforts focused on eBooks and delivering targeted content to readers. Editorial efforts in the form of white papers, position papers, tech briefs, and other forms of collateral material are common client requests.
- Currently averaging 4-6 eBooks per year for the last 4 years.
- · Additional projects have included a series of web seminars on a wide range of technology subjects.